Monday, March 2, 2009

In like a Lion

Welcome to March! I guess it decided to come in like a lion and lets hope it will go out like a lamb. I do have to say that I was a little disappointed with the Problem of the Week (POW). No one tried to solve the problem and the more that I think about it I wonder why? Is it because the problem was too hard? Is is because you thought it was doing extra work? or Is it because you forgot about it? So, I've decided to have some sort of prize for the students that solve the problem correctly... I think that we will have a class meeting tomorrow regarding what you think would make it worth your time. Post your ideas to have them considered at tomorrow's meeting!

A preview to the upcoming week:
*Math - Chapter 4 - Section C - lessons 4-7, 4-8, and 4-9, a review and then we will get ready for a final quiz and a chapter test.

*Reading - We just finished theme 3 -a Look into the Past - Check out our names in Greek!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think if you win u will get to choose when we have our class party

Anonymous said...

i think if you win that you should get a no homework pass for doing that because i think people will do the problem if they get somthing good out of it.

P.S. I will not be attending school for the rest of the week because of mt dislocated nose, i will have a minor procedure done and will be back by atleast monday next week.

Mrs. K said...

Paulina -

I hope that you feel better and good luck with the procedure. We will miss you and let you know what the class decides!

Mrs. K said...

Paulina-
The class decided to have a weekly raffle for a homework pass for all of the students who solved the Problem of the Week correctly. It is due by Friday morning - start of school.